If you’re looking for a good snowboard package that will offer you all the vital things you’d need on the slopes, then you might want to consider the 2018 System MTN and APX Complete Men’s Snowboard package.
The package comes with System’s popular System MTN Snowboard, APX boots and bindings. This set features the ultimate combination of power and comfort to allow you to ride safely and skilfully over a multitude of terrains.
Overall, the package is one of the most impressive snowboard packages out there. But don’t take our word for it. Take your time and go through the review we have prepared for you below in order to find out for yourself whether this package is worth the buzz or not.
- 1 System APX Snowboard Boots
- 2 System APX Bindings
- 3 System MTN CRCX Snowboard
- 4 System MTN Snowboard CRCX – Specs
- 5 Pros
- 6 Cons
- 7 Sizing – Who it fits
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 8.0.1 Q. Does this package actually come with a snowboard, bindings and boots?
- 8.0.2 Q. Are all the various components in the package from the same manufacturer or different manufacturers?
- 8.0.3 Q. Can a beginner rider use the System MTN Snowboard?
- 8.0.4 Q. Is the board very good for tricks?
- 8.0.5 Q. I am 6 foot tall. What size would I need?
- 8.0.6 Q. Do the APX boots run true to size?
- 8.0.7 Q. Does the board come waxed?
- 8.0.8 Q. Is the board a true twin?
- 8.0.9 Q. Can a woman use this package?
- 8.0.10 Q. Are the boots waterproof?
- 8.0.11 Q. Do the items in package come with warranties?
- 9 Final Verdict
System APX Snowboard Boots
With this product, System aimed for comfort and stability using traditional standards whose effectiveness has already been demonstrated. For example, the boots come with a lacing scheme that uses metal hooks and heat-moldable Thermofit liners that to facilitate a custom fit.
Overall, System’s APX boots are renowned for their ease of use and secure yet uninhibiting grip. These boots are not only a pleasure to wear, but the way they’re designed, using brilliant methods, gives them a great lasting power, meaning they would likely be at the centre of your collection for years to come.
System APX Bindings
The base pad of the System APX bindings, which run the entire course of the foothold, are made of EVA (ethylene-vinyl acetate), a form of rubber that has various applications in the sporting world but in this case are used to add great support to your feet for snowboarding.
These bindings use a rear-entry system for convenient donning or removal and of course work in faultless concert with the included APX boots.
Another remarkable feature of these bindings worth mentioning is their remarkable lightweight construction that won’t add any additional heaviness to your gear, thereby enhancing your comfort on the slopes.
System MTN CRCX Snowboard
Okay here you go, the moment you’ve all been waiting for! The centrepiece of this whole package is of course System’s MTN CRCX Snowboard, and it proves worthy of being the star of the show.
System took an already-proven product and made it even better by upgrading the MTN with a 3D core that proves to be superior to the previously-used one yet is so light it’s almost like riding on air.
The 12 pack inserts of the board is another mouth-watering feature that separates it from other similar boards. This feature leaves the rider with the unique opportunity of enjoying many options for setting up different types of stance widths for the bindings.
Overall, this snowboard is versatile and features unparalleled maneuverability, steering and as such is great on turns. Furthermore, the System MTN Snowboard is also a sight to behold with its cool, alluring graphic designs. Also, unlike some other boards, this board comes pre-waxed and snow-ready for instant use.
We suspect you are likely going to have a great deal of fun with this one!
System MTN Snowboard CRCX – Specs
|Profile:||Camber Rocker Camber|
|Construction :||3D Core|
|Laminates:||Biaxial and Triaxial Fiberglass|
|Edges:||Fully Wrapped Rockwell 48|
|Top Sheet:||UV Protected Gloss|
|Inserts :||2×4 12 Pack|
- For a brilliant package containing a snowboard, boots and bindings, the price is very good.
- The boots are true to size and pretty comfortable to wear.
- The board is very versatile.
- The package can be used by both beginner and experienced riders.
- All components have very solid constructions.
- The board comes already waxed.
- The package has all what you need to take you anywhere on the slopes.
- Each of the components in the package comes with a 3-year warranty.
- The package would have been better had it come with a bag to store all the components.
- Despite functioning okayish, the bindings that come with the package aren’t really the best bindings out there and might give you some minor issues.
Sizing – Who it fits
- The 138 is ideal for a rider between 90 to 150 lbs. and shoe size of 6-11.
- The 144 is ideal for a rider between 100 to 160 lbs. and shoe size of 6-11.
- The 147 is ideal for a rider between 110 to 170 lbs. and shoe size of 6-11.
- The 153 is ideal for a rider between 120 to 180 lbs. and shoe size of 6-11.
- The 156 is ideal for a rider between 130 to 200 lbs. and shoe size of 7-12.
- The 158 Wide is ideal for a rider between 140 to 220 lbs. and shoe size of 8-13.
- The 159 is ideal for a rider between 140 to 230 lbs. and shoe size of 8-13.
- The 163 Wide is ideal for a rider between 170 to 250+ lbs. and shoe size of 11-14.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Does this package actually come with a snowboard, bindings and boots?
A. Yes, it does. It comes with System MTN Snowboard.
Q. Are all the various components in the package from the same manufacturer or different manufacturers?
A. All the components are from one company named System. System is one of the well-known brands in the skiing world.
Q. Can a beginner rider use the System MTN Snowboard?
A. Yes, they can! The board is designed to be used by all manners of riders ranging from a first time rider all the way to a seasoned pro.
Q. Is the board very good for tricks?
A. Yes. The System MTN Snowboard is designed to make performing tricks easier than other similar boards.
Q. I am 6 foot tall. What size would I need?
A. When it comes to snowboard sizing, the height of the rider is not really needed to get the right size of board. The most important things that are really needed are the rider’s weight as well as their foot size. The heavier a rider is, the longer his snowboard is going to be and vice versa.
Q. Do the APX boots run true to size?
Q. Does the board come waxed?
A. Yes, it comes with a brilliant wax job.
Q. Is the board a true twin?
A. It is a directional twin.
Q. Can a woman use this package?
A. This package is designed for men only.
Q. Are the boots waterproof?
A. Yes, they are.
Q. Do the items in package come with warranties?
A. Absolutely! Because of the confidence System has in their products, they have backed each component of the package with a 3-year warranty.
If money is a factor to you as with most of us, then you would definitely want to consider saving some bucks and buying this set as a package as opposed to securing each of the components of the package separately.
In terms of affordability and construction this set up is ideal for novice to intermediate riders, and with it you can strap up, slide in and hit the slopes ASAP. However, regarding performance, the 2018 System MTN Snowboard Complete Package can be effectively used by any rider, from beginner to expert.
We hope that this review has been able to provide with all the pertinent things you need to know about each of the component of this impressive package in order to make it easier for you to decide whether it fits the bill or not.
Let us know what you think of this awesome snowboard set. If you liked what you read, don’t forget to share it. It really helps us a lot.
Stay tuned for more snowboard reviews. Sign-up for our newsletter!